Nishant Talav Wetland
WETLAND 6140 | TALUKA: VENGURLA
|Seasonal Area (Ha)||4.71|
|Permanent Area (Ha)||0.88|
|Jurisdiction||Revenue Department and Private Ownership|
Wetland type: Permanent lakes, Seasonal/intermittent streams/ creeks, Permanent freshwater marshes, Shrub-dominated wetlands, Tree-dominated wetlands, Dam / Reservoir.
Violations reported: 04
- Source of drinking water for people living and around
- Source of water for agriculture, Medicinal plants
- Buffering communities from extreme events as floods and storms
- Groundwater recharge, Water purification
- Acts as a sink for sediments
- Habitat for noteworthy animal species
It is located in bio diversity rich coastal area near the Arabian sea.
Number of species spotted at location by expert team